Hello! Welcome to another Amy’s Inkin Krew Blog Hop. This months theme is ”Love” or as I like to say it LooooOOOoooVe😆. Each person in the hop has created a project with this theme and we do a different one each month. Thanks for coming by to take a look at my valentine using the Stampin’ Up! Friendly Gnomes stampset. All card stock cuts can be found at the bottom of the page, If you want to see a list of the products I used to make this card, you can click on any of the photos of the card.
My 8 year old daughter has reallllly gotten into gnomes lately, so when I saw this set I HAD to get it. They are just so cute! I started out with a Basic White card base and then searched for the right paper. I landed on Butterfly Kisses and think it goes nicely with the flower on the lady gnomes hat.
From there I used the Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper to choose which colors of cardstock I wanted to use. I grabbed Fresh Freesia and Parakeet Party. I used the Parakeet party for the panel mat, and the Fresh Freesia as the base for my Friendly Gnomes images.
I added a few fun details that really helped the card come together. One is Adhesive backed Hexagons in black, these are an item that has been retired from the catalog, but is still available in the clearance section of the website. The other is adding the square to set off the images. I didn’t love the look of it on its own and this way I can use it in a sketch challenge that the team I am on is doing. So its a total win-win. The last touch is my favorite, I colored in some of the little details with my Wink of Stella glitter pen, and I am in love with how it came out!
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my card, I hope that you can gather a bit of inspiration for your own cards. I know you are going to love what the rest of the Krew has made!
Here is the order for the blog hop:
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Tara Carpenter
- Jillian Good – You are here
- Carol Buckalew
- Mary Deatherage
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Akiko Sudano
- Terry Lynn Bright
- Amy Koenders
Are you looking for a way to connect with your kids while teaching them about thoughtfulness and loving others? Paper pumpkin is a perfect tool to help with this and this months kit is literally about love! Why not grab a kit and your kids and start sending smiles to those they care about? But today is the last day for this kit so you need to act fast! Details about the kit and how to subscribe below.
This kit includes:
- This month’s kit includes everything you need to create 9 love-themed cards—3 each of 3 designs. It has coordinating envelopes, special padlock and key die cuts, adhesives, Vellum, and more!
- This month’s kit has a unique love-theme photopolymer stamp set! With special sentiments and images that represent the tradition of locking padlocks on a bridge, there are so many ways for you to express your devoted love.
- The Key to My Heart Paper Pumpkin Kit also comes with a Fresh Freesia Classic Stampin’ Spot.
- This kit also has a special add-on to take your crafting even further!
- Finished card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Calypso Coral, Fresh Freesia, Mango Melody, Petal Pink. The designs are accented with gold foil.
The January – April 2023 Mini Catalog is here and Sale-A-Bration has begun! Earn FREE items with every increment of $50 you spend (before tax and shipping)
Want to join the Krew? Now is the perfect time to join Stampin’ Up! the deal that they have going on is the best I have seen. If you join under me, you also get to enjoy the benefits of Amy’s Inkin’ Krew, and the Art and Soul team I am a part of (thats the one with the sketch challenge). Check it out below, it is truly the best value you can get.
Card stock Cuts:
Basic White- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” scored at 4 1/4”, 3×3” scrap
Parakeet Party- 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”
Butterfly Kisses DSP- 4×5 1/4”
Fresh Freesia – 3×3” scrap