Hello! Today is Amy’s Inkin’ Krew blog hop day! Our theme this month is ”celebrate” and the project I made is a fun card for New Years. I got the inspiration for this card from Daria Grushna. While I titled this Stylish Shapes, this card really took a lot of different products to make it. The circles are all from Stylish Shapes dies though so I thought it fitting.
First I took an A2 sized card base in Basic White and I made a panel for it also in basic white. Then I grabbed a whole bunch of pieces of different colored card stock from my scrap box. I tried to find fun colors and textures. All current cardstock/metallics that I used you will find at the bottom of this blog but for measurements, I really just grabbed scraps and tested if the die fit on it.
After I cut out all the circles, it seemed like there was still a little something missing, so I got out my Give it a Whirl dies, and cut out some stars. For this I used gold scraps. I then grabbed my glue dots and dimensionals and got to work. I just really eyeballed what I thought looked good, popping some up layering some and leaving some flat, during this process I had my sentiment cutout on my panel to make sure I didn’t put anything behind where I wanted it to go.
For the sentiment, I used the Joyful Flurry stampset in Starry Sky ink. For the finishing touch, I took some brushed metallic adhesive backed dots and placed them around the rest of the elements. I hope you enjoyed this fun confetti inspired New Years card, and I know you will enjoy everyone else’s on the hop today too.
This is the order for the blog hop:
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Terry Lynn Bright
- Akiko Sudano
- Tara Carpenter
- Carol Buckalew
- Karen Finkle
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Mary Deatherage
- Jillian Good
- Amy Koenders
Come join me for my first virtual class and get your year off to the right start! Registration ends 12/21!
Using beautiful wintery blues we will create 5 cards designed to cover all occasions, and customizable for your needs. Click on the photo for more information, click here to register.
- All order types qualify for this promotion (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online).
- Free shipping applies after the qualifying amount has been met.
- The minimum qualifying amount to receive free shipping is $75 USD (before tax).
- If you are using a coupon code or product credit, please remember that they will lower the order’s retail amount. The order must still meet the qualifying threshold to be eligible for free shipping.
- Free shipping only applies during the 24-hour period the promotion is live in each market; this means that the order must be opened and closed on 15 December 2022.
- With the exception of month-to-month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions, all Stampin’ Up! products qualify for the promotion. Subscriptions billed and shipped this month will be charged for the normal amount ($23.50 USD | $32.50 CAD shipping included) + tax.
- Prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are eligible for FREE shipping under the same rules as all other Stampin’ Up! items during the promotion.
- The free shipping promotion does not cover the additional cost for expedited shipping.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
Seal your love this season with the Key to My Heart Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit represents the tradition of locking a padlock on a bridge to symbolize unbreakable love. It comes with everything you need to make 9 darling love-themed cards—3 each of 3 designs. So, no matter who your dance partner or dinner date is, you can make something heartfelt for them this season.
Plus, this month there is a special add-on! The add-on is a heart-shaped treat box. These Heart Boxes are easy to put together and will take your crafting even further. Add-ons are live during the subscription period, but are only available while supplies. Act quick, and don’t miss out on these Heart Boxes filled with love!
Card stock used:
Basic White: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4, 3 3/4 x 5 panel
Scraps corresponding in size with the dies of the following: Polished Pink, Fresh Freesia, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Brushed Metallic Specialty Paper, Gold and Rose Gold Specialty Metallic Paper, and a couple sparkly papers that are not available anymore. You can always just use more of the Metallic papers listed above to replace those.